- Comprehensive examinations paid on day of service are $119. A basic, spherical contact lens evaluation is an additional $45; toric, $55;
monovision, RGP or bifocal, $65. A contact lens evaluation based on an out-of-office spectacle prescription less than six months old is $75.
- If creating a third party claim, the comprehensive exam fee and refraction are not discounted and are billed at $165.
- Professional fees are non-refundable, but in the rare event that a return or refund is necessary on contact lenses, the following guidelines and
All contact lens evaluations include follow-up visits, if needed, within 90 days. After 90 days, contact lens follow-ups are $30 per visit.
About Your Insurance
There are two types of health insurance that will help pay for your eye care services and optical products. You may have both types and Eyes
of the World accepts most insurance plans in both categories:
1) Vision plans such as VSP, EyeMed, Davis Vision, Spectera and others.
2) Medical insurance such as Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield, PacificSource, Moda, Medicare and others.
- Vision plans only cover routine vision wellness exams, along with eyeglasses and contact lenses. Vision plans do not cover medical eye care
(the diagnosis, management or treatment of eye health problems).
- Medical insurance must be used for medical eye care.
If you have both types of insurance plans, it may be necessary for us to bill some services to one plan and some services to the other. We will
follow a procedure called coordination of benefits to do this properly and to minimize your out-of-pocket expense.
Our staff will be happy to bill primary insurance companies, when applicable, as a courtesy to you. Please provide your insurance cards to
staff member so we can make copies for insurance billing purposes. We consider your insurance limitations and benefits as a contract between
you and your insurance company. Even though we have submitted a claim to your insurance, you will be responsible for any portion not paid
by your insurance within 45 days after filing your claim. Our office requests that all insurance co-payments and fees that are applied toward
annual deductible be paid at the time of each visit. For your convenience, we accept payments of cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard,
Discover, American Express, and Care Credit. There is a $30 fee for returned checks.
I have read and accept your office policies. I hereby authorize any insurance coverage to be paid directly to
Dr. Jerry Phillips, O.D. for
services and goods rendered.
I understand that Eyes of the World and Dr. Jerry Phillips, O.D. are committed to keeping my health information private. By signing below, I
acknowledge that I have been presented a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices
. If I am under 18, I will have a parent or guardian sign for me.
Please type full legal name as electronic signature.